Taking place in Peterhouse College, Cambridge, Friday 10 - Sunday 12 September 2021
We have been asked to spread the word about this exciting opportunity for experienced singers (a reference and a recording are required with applications), which will be held in Cambridge this autumn.
Steeped in the historic choral traditions of Cambridge and its glorious college chapels, this is an indulgent and therapeutic weekend course designed so you can lose yourself in music and history…
Experience this extraordinary world from the inside: step out of your college room and enjoy:
- Full board conference accommodation in the stunning setting of Peterhouse
- Welcome drinks on the lawns, where you will have the opportunity to meet the other participants and the weekend tutors and staff
- Singing in iconic Cambridge college chapels, each with a different acoustic, feel and organ
- The beauty of Evensong and Compline under leading choral directors from Cambridge colleges
- Vocal health sessions to develop and sustain your voice
- Saturday night formal dinner in college hall with fine wines from a college cellar
- Complementary cultural and educational talks with academic specialists to give context and insights
Working under Artistic Director Edward Wickham (Director of Music at St Catharine's College, Cambridge and Gramophone Award-winning The Clerks), it’s also a chance to make new friends who share your passion for singing. Visit our website (Click Here) to find out more.
The same organisation is also planning to hold a week-long Cambridge Choral Academy in 2022, at St Catharine's College. Provisional dates are 30 July to 6 August 2022.